Handle Tickets through Workflow Rules
The default ticket creation policy is setup up as part of the integration, although there may be special case tickets that you wish Autotask to handle differently - for example change the ticket status, due date, priority etc - and this can be achieved via Workflow Rules.
- Log into Autotask
- Click the Autotask menu
- Go to Admin > Features & Settings > Workflow Rules
- In the Workflow Rules dialog click New to create a rule and populate as required
- Select Save & Close to apply
Example: Mark Device deletion email as closed
The below example covers the creation of a rule to automatically mark a Device deletion email as closed.
In the Workflow Rules dialog:
- General: specify the Workflow Rule Name and enter a Description (if required). Set the rule to Active.
- Events: select When a/an Ticket is: Created by Anyone
- Conditions: choose And the following conditions are met: Ticket Title Equals to Device removed from the Dashboard
- Updates: set Then perform the following updates: Status = Complete. An additional option may be to change the ticket Priority at this point, for example and Priority = Low
Once complete Save & Close
This rule is now applied the next time a ticket matching the specified criteria is created.