There may be times when it is necessary to change the credentials used for the Autotask to Dashboard integration. For example, the integration was configured before April 2020 with a non-API member user that you must update to ensure systems communication, or the password for the user associated with the integration was changed.
To action any Autotask credential changes.
- Go to Settings > PSA Integration
- Click Configure Login
- Update the Username and/or password
- Click Validate to ensure these credentials are valid and match the Autotask requirements. A message displays to indicate whether
- For example, "Validated: Your credentials are OK" or "Error: Login to Autotask PSA failed: API User associated with "Solarwinds MSP - Solarwinds RMM" integration vendor required for Autotask integration"
- Click OK to set the entered username and password as the main credentials for the integration.
Updating Autotask Credentials
Password: configurable post-setup
Username: non-configurable post-setup
To change the Autotask username post-integration, you must first uninstall then setup the integration.