Create or edit Software License Group
Software License Groups are designed to assist in the identification of those items of software where you want to track the installed (license) count per Client.
They utilize our Software Catalog, so you can take the pre-emptive step of adding software to the license group that is not yet installed on any of the Clients devices. This is particularly useful when creating a Software License Group for banned (unauthorized) software or when you are aware of an upcoming new software roll-out.
Software License Groups are intended for the categorization of software collections into vendor or product range bundles, rather than create a group for a specific software version. For example, create a Software License Group for all Microsoft office versions.
Software License Groups are managed via the Asset Tracking Dashboard.
Go to Settings > Software License Groups
- To add software to the Software License Groups populate the Software Catalog window
- Enter a Group Name to identify the Software License Group on the Dashboard and in Reports
- To populate the Software Catalog window
- Choose the first letter of the software name in the Browse by first letter: drop-down
- Multi-select (Shift and left-click to choose a range of software or Control and left-click for specific software) the required software items in the Software Catalog window
- Click the add << to include the items in the Group Software List
- Where items were accidentally added to the Group Software List or where they are simply not required, multi-select the software then click remove >> to move them back to the Software Catalog
- OK once complete to apply
- Select the required Software License Group in the Software License Groups dialog
- Click Edit to modify the Group Name and/or the Group Software List inventory
- OK to save changes
- Select the required Software License Group in the Software License Groups window
- Click Delete to remove.
- OK once complete to apply the changes.
Due to the number of entries the catalog contains, there may be a delay loading the Software Catalog after selecting Browse by first letter: