Asset Tracking Only Requirements
Checks and Automated Tasks
Devices running monitoring Checks or Automated Tasks (on workstations) are not classed as Asset Tracking only.
The only checks which can run on the Device and it will still be classed as Asset Tracking only are the Feature Associated Checks .
Feature Associated Checks
During the installation process, some of our features may install their own dedicated Checks to monitor the feature's status. For example, Managed Antivirus Check and Antivirus Update Check - Managed Antivirus (Bitdefender). These feature associated Checks are only added or removed when the feature is enabled or disabled.
Devices are not considered to be Asset Tracking only where they have the following features enabled:
- Patch Management
- Remote Background Management
- Take Control (SolarWinds or TeamViewer Engine)
If a device with Patch Management, Remote Background Management or Take Control enabled is turned off, it will incur a monitoring fee until removed and updated within the Dashboard. For example, if a feature is turned off and the device is Offline, the device will be charged until the removal process is completed and reported back to the Dashboard.
24x7 Check Frequency
The device's 24x7 check frequency also determines whether it is classed as Asset Tracking only.
- 15 minutes or slower for servers
- 60 minutes or slower for workstations
Where the device uses a more frequent 24x7 Check schedule it is considered to have monitoring enabled, and not classed as Asset Tracking only.
Reporting and Client Dashboard Access
If the device's parent Client has Client Reports enabled or Client Dashboard Access setup then it cannot be classed as Asset Tracking only and will incur a charge.
What do you want to do?
- Review the steps to create Asset Tracking Only Templates for existing devices
- Discover how to apply the Asset Tracking Only Template to existing devices
- Learn how to set the system Asset Tracking Only as the default Installation Template
- Look at manually Remove All Checks and Tasks from a Device on the Dashboard
- Disable Disable Default Features
- Disable Patch Management on one or more Devices
- Disable Remote Background Management on one or more Devices
- Disable Take Control on one or more Devices