Asset Tracking Dashboard
After installation, the Agent runs a local scan of the device and uploads its results to the Asset Tracking Dashboard. This information then appears under the Client and Site the Device is registered against.
Access the Asset Tracking Dashboard
There are three options to access the Asset Tracking Dashboard when in the main Monitoring and Management Dashboard.
- Go to View > Asset Tracking
- Click Asset Tracking in the Left Side Navigation Bar
- Click View in Asset Tracking from the Hardware or Software section in the Device's south pane Assets tab
Asset Tracking Dashboard Layout
Where a Client, Site or Device was selected in the Monitoring and Management Dashboard the Asset Tracking Dashboard opens focused on these details. If no Client and/or Site was selected, then information on the first Client (based on alphabetic or alphanumeric name) is displayed.
There are three sections of the Asset Tracking Dashboard:
- Left Menu: Select the Client and Site, then the asset type (Computers, Software, BIOS...) to display in the north pane
- North pane: Displays overview information based on the left menu selection.
- South Pane: Where Computers are selected, the south pane returns detailed information on the highlighted device in the north pane, Summary, Hardware, Software (Windows, Mac, Linux), Licensed Software (Windows, Mac), Installed Hotfixes, Installed Updates, Patches (Windows).
The Asset Tracking section is only available once asset information is returned from at least one device and to display the Asset Tracking section where data has uploaded for the first time it may be necessary to refresh your browser.
Asset Tracking currently reports full asset information from Windows. Linux and Mac computers running the relevant Monitoring Agent, Other Network Devices is a legacy setting that cannot be automatically or manually populated.
Intel Blade servers incorrectly report as laptops
To ensure the device is assigned to the appropriate category in Asset Tracking the Agent runs a WMI query to determine the chassis type. We have observed that unfortunately some models of Intel Blade server inaccurately report the chassis type as portable leading to their incorrect designation as Laptops in Asset Tracking.