Alter Default Timeout Period
The check has a default time limit of 60 seconds. If the Agent is unable to check the size of all monitored files within this time limit, then the Agent will return a timeout error. This error will include the size of all of the files it was able to check. Should you wish to change the default time limit for the check please perform the following steps:
- Stop the Advanced Monitoring Agent service
- Navigate to the Agent installation folder. By default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent
- Open the settings.ini file
- Enter the following in the [TEST_FILESIZE] section:
- MAX_EXEC_TIME=XXXXX replacing XXXXX with the new timeout period in milliseconds.
- Save changes to apply
- Restart the Advanced Monitoring Agent service
The below example increases the timeout period for the File Size Check to 90 seconds.