%1 IS NOT A VALID WIN32 Application
In rare occasions the error message %1 Is Not a Valid Win32 Application may be returned when the Windows Advanced Monitoring Agent service attempts to start. This may be as a result of the Agent's ImagePath in the registry, the follow steps cover how to alleviate this issue.
Log onto the computer experiencing the problem.
- Press the Windows Key and r button together
- Type regedit in the open or run field then OK to apply
- In the registry editor navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Advanced Monitoring Agent
- Double-click on ImagePath
- Add quotation marks around the complete path of the executable file for the service, i.e. "C:\Program Files\Advanced Monitoring Agent\winagent.exe"
- Click OK to save then exit out of the registry editor
- Start the Agent service
In line with best practice we recommend that the registry is backed up prior to making any modifications to the registry, as editing the registry can cause serious damage to the operating system.