Site User Guide
Get Started with MyPassword App in a Few Easy Steps:
- Step 1 - Activate Your MyPassword App Account
- Step 2 - Familiarize yourself with the Site
- Step 3 - Input your Passwords
- Step 4 - Install the Chrome Extension
- To begin, you will initially receive an email asking you to activate your account. Continue by clicking Activate Account, or you can copy and paste the link into a web browser to continue.
- Click Activate Account and you continue to the next step, setting your Security Questions and Password.
- Choose your Security Questions and Answers
- Choose your Password
- Click Activate Account. You are logged into the site.
Select three security questions that you would like to help secure your account. Choose something you will be able to remember easily, but hard for anyone else to guess.
Choose a complex password.
Once you have activated your account, you will be logged directly into the site. Take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with the various areas.
1 Navigation Bar
- My Vault - Where you store your personal credentials and passwords. No one else has access to this area but the logged in user.
- Company Vault - Any passwords added for the company to be shared are found here.
- User Mng. - Add, Disable, and Manage all users
- Access Control - Manage who can access what, and what they can do
- Reports - Various reports on usage and status of passwords
- Settings - Configure 2-factor authentication and other options
2 Top Toolbar
- New - Quickly create new Passwords or Folders
- Edit - Edit your selected Password or Folder
- With selected - Move, bookmark, or disable selected items
Folders can be created here to help better manage and organize passwords.
- Whether you are in MyVault or the Company Vault, this is where your passwords will be listed for viewing and editing
Now you are ready to enter in your passwords. Doing this is very easy. Simply click New Password to get started.
- To manually enter a password, click New Password to get started and add the following details:
- Folder - Select which folder you would like to store your password in
- Username - Your username (sometimes an email address)
- Password - You can create a random password and also view the strength of your password with the colored bar
- Description - Folders can be created here to help manage and organize passwords
- Type - Pick a category to help categorize your passwords
- URL - The website associated with this password
- Notes - Anything else you’d like to add
The MyPassword App includes a Chrome web browser extension that allows you to use your stored passwords easily and securely with many of your favourite websites without the need to log directly into the password site first.
To download and install the extension, follow these steps:
- Select Settings, then Downloads
- Click the Download – Chrome Extension
- Click Add to Chrome.