Site - Prerequisites
Attributes and Personalization
Before deploying Sites to your partners, it is best to complete the following items:
Subdomains are a critical piece of the Sites product. Enabling the Subdomain also enables all the features below, it incorporates your Company Logo on any Blink or Site registration, as well as inputs your logo within our Google Chrome Extension
To enable a Subdomain:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Subdomain Settings.
- Enter the domain you would like to use and verify that it is available for use.
- Save the page.
It may take up to 1-2 hours for the DNS to properly register before you are able to use or preview the custom subdomain.
You and your technicians (and any other user types including Site users) may still elect to navigate to your passportalmsp.com domain. However, your brand may not be present on this page unless it has been saved in a cookie. Both the standard and custom domains will still allow you to login.
Generic Site Branding
Your company logo and colours represent your identity. Complete the Branding section of the site to personalize the experience for your end users.
Company Details and Information
If you're going to sell the Site product as a part of your own service offerings, you want it to appear as if it is yours. Complete the company information as per below:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Company Setup.
- Complete the Company and Address information.
- Complete the Support Email section.
This information is printed at the footer of all emails sent from the tool.
When a user navigates to the "Support Center" menu item, they are directed to the support email saved here. This email will also appear in your activation emails.
Each of your client's Sites nee to be enabled separately. This toggle is responsible for determining how many "Sites"/Seats for which you will be billed. To enable this:
- Go to your Client's "Edit Client" Menu
- On the "Edit Client" menu, there is a toggle to enable the "Site Login":
- The "Force Organization Credential Types" toggle forces the client to use the credentials list from the organization
- To finish the setup of the Site, you will need to create an administrator, as per below
Create Site Administrator
Once you have enabled at least one client to use Sites as per above, a new sub-section under "User Management" will appear, called "Site Users":
This subsection is where you will add users at your client's organization to gain access to the system, however, an Administrator is needed to properly activate the client portal, so the very first user will need this permission level.
Create the Administrator
- Navigate to User Management > Site Users (see above).
- Click the New user button.
- Complete the user's information, including which client they will need access to and set their permission level.
- If you do not see the client listed in the dropdown, you have failed to Enable Site for that client as described in the section above.
- You cannot reuse any email throughout Passportal.
- Once you add the Administrator, they will appear on the Site Users page with a Status of "Pending Setup" as per below. You will need to stop at this point until the user says "Active" as the site doesn't exist until the Organization Key is created by this administrator and creating any additional users at this point will only create confusion.
Activating the Site Administrator
The Site Administrator will receive an email with an activation link. Once they click on the link, it will take them to this page. The email and activation page will be branded if you have completed the section above.
The Client's Organization Key
This initial administrator will receive an email to go through the activation process, similar to any other user, during which they will select their own Organization Key for their entire organization to use when logging in.
You do not need to share your Organization Key with your clients and they do not have to share their Organization Key with you.
If you do require their Organization Key, your client should be made aware that you have access to any password in the Company Vault.