The Advanced Options tab allows you to set a number of useful organization wide settings.
To access the Advanced Settings:
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Click the Advanced Options tab.
- The Advanced options are presented. Configure these settings as required, and then click Save.
- Minimum password length for Passportal users: Set the minimum number of characters required for a valid password.
- Session Timeout: The default duration before a Passportal session expires.
- Trusted Location Session Timeout: The duration before a Passportal session expires when on a machine using a Trusted Location (IP address). For more information on Trusted Locations please see: Trusted Locations.
- Default Rotation Policy Frequency: The default rotation (reset) frequency for passwords with a rotation policy enabled. This can be overridden at the client level.
- Login attempts before lockout: The number of log in attempts a user can make to the organization using the wrong password or Organization Key before that user is locked out.
- Account Lockout Duration: The duration in which a user cannot access their account after being locked out due to too many failed login attempts.
- Default Temporary Access Duration: The duration of temporary access when granted to a user requesting access to a client, folder or password.
- Show Only Custom Credential Types: When enabled, only custom created Credential Types are displayed on the Credential Type list.
- Hide Unassigned Clients and Folders from Users: When enabled, Users will not see Clients and Folders which they do not have explicit access to either directly or through Security Groups.
- Leading Column on Password List: Select Credential Type to display the Credentials in the first column of the list. Select Description to display the description in the first column of the list.
- Password Generation Rules: Set the minimum length of generated passwords using the Password Character Length field. Define allowed special characters (symbols) using the Special Character Input field. Tick each of the following selections to define password requirements if required:
- Include Capitalized Characters.
- Include Lower Case Characters.
- Include Numbers.
- Include Special Characters.
- Organization Key: Click the Show Organization Key to view the Organization Key.
This setting will override the regular session timeout setting for applicable machines.
A locked out user can be unlocked by an organization administrator, overriding this lockout duration.