SolarWinds RMM Integration Configuration
Passportal can integrate with MSP RMM and clients and their assets directly into Documentation Manager. This document will describe how to create this integration.
You need to have Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with MSP RMM. Please contact your Partner Development Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
You will need your RMM portal URL and an API Key provisioned from RMM.
Obtaining your API Key for RMM
- Querying the system requires a valid API Key which can be created via the Settings, General Settings, API Key section of the Dashboard when logged on via a Superuser or (non-Classic) Administrator level access, log in with the required General permissions enabled or the Agent Key (where Dashboard access is enabled)
- Simply select Generate Key to create the API key.
- The API Key may be generated as often as required with each generation overwriting the existing key.
- To email, the API key simply enter the recipient address in the Email API Key section and OK to send.
- The email includes not only the API Key itself but also the respective server URL to query.
This key is used to authenticate against the Public API. If you generate a new key then anything that uses the existing key to authenticate against the Public API will stop working.
Enabling the MSP RMM Integration
Click on settings on the sidebar, then navigate to the Integration Center tab
- Select MSP RMM
- Then enter your RMM portal URL and your API Key
- RMM Portal URL Options
- Select Enable Device Sync to allow your devices within RMM to be synchronized as assets within Passportal
- Click Authenticate
Selecting Clients to Synchronize
- The next screen will allow you to synchronize the clients from MSP RMM to Passportal. To begin the client sync process, it will look to match all existing clients set up in Passportal with their corresponding MSP RMM clients to be synchronized, which will ensure duplicates are not created.
- To do this, you can select Auto-Match all and it will match any with identical names.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons beside their names. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded Records tab and select Create, Match or Exclude.
- Remember, you will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had previously left uncreated.
- Once you have finished creating your clients, select Next.
- An overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded is displayed.
- Click Finish.
All imported devices will appear in their respective clients under Assets.
Once you have completed the process, it may take some time to allow the initial synchronization of assets to occur. Depending on the number of devices, this can take several hours.
New devices are currently synchronized once per day during the evening.