SolarWinds N-central Integration Configuration
Passportal can integrate with SolarWinds N-central. Clients and their assets will sync directly into Documentation Manager. This document will describe how to create this integration.
You need to have Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with SolarWinds N-central. Please contact your Account Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) to your RMM.
- A dedicated SolarWinds N-central login for the integration , which is a user account created at the Service Organization (SO) level that has a minimum of read-only access permissions to all clients.
- SO level user account to only be used by the integration.
- No 2FA enabled on the account.
- Assigned an Access Group that permits access to all clients.
- Assigned a Role that is set to Read-Only (as a minimum) for both the following:
- Configuration > Monitoring > Services/Tasks
- Devices > Devices View > All devices
- The Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the SolarWinds N-central server (on-premise), or the URL of the SolarWinds N-central portal.
Recommend User Account Setup:
For on-premise versions of N-central, version 12.0.1 or later is required for the integration to authenticate properly.
Enabling N-Central Integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integration Center.
- Select SolarWinds N-central.
- Enter your SolarWinds N-central FQDN or portal URL, username and password.
- Select Enable Device Sync to allow your devices within SolarWinds N-central to be synchronized as assets within Passportal (if required).
- Click Authenticate.
- If Device Sync had been enabled in the previous steps, the Client Sync screen is now displayed. Passportal will attempt to match all existing clients set up with their correspondingSolarWinds N-central clients, to ensure duplicates are not created. Clients must have identical names for this to work. Select Auto-Match All to start this process.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match in the Matched Passportal Record column and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons in the Matched Passportal Record column. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button to create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded tab and select Create or Match.
- You will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had previously left uncreated. Click Next to continue.
- The Sync Preview Sync screen is displayed, which is an overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded.
- Review to ensure the expected actions will be taken. Click Finish to complete the integration process.
Once you have completed the process, it may take some time to allow the initial synchronization of assets to occur. Depending on the number of devices, this can take several hours. New devices are currently synchronized once per day during the evening.