SolarWinds N-central Integration Configuration
Passportal can integrate with N-Central and clients and their assets directly into Documentation Manager. This document will describe how to create this integration.
You need to have Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with N-Central. Please contact your Partner Development Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
- You need an SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) to your RMM.
- You need to create a dedicated N-central integrator login, which is a user account created at the Service Organization (SO) level that has read-only access permissions to all clients.
- In addition to the SO user's credentials, you need the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the N-central server.
- For on-premise versions of N-central, a minimum version 12.0.1 is required for the integration to authenticate properly.
The initial password is a temporary password. You must log in to N-central and change the password to complete the registration process for the created account. Otherwise, Passportal will be unable to access the API.
Enabling N-Central Integration
- Click on settings on the sidebar, then navigate to the Integration Center tab
- Select MSP N-Central
- Enter in the Username and password, and your N-central FQDN (ncentral.example.com)
- Select Enable Device Sync
- Select Authenticate
Selecting Clients to Synchronize
- The next step is to synchronize the clients from N-Central to Passportal. To begin the client sync process, it will look to match all existing clients set up in Passportal with their corresponding N-Central clients to be synchronized, which will ensure duplicates are not created.
- To do this, you can select Auto-Match all and it will match any with identical names.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons beside their names. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded Records tab and select Create, Match or Exclude.
- Remember, you will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had previously left uncreated.
- Once you have finished creating your clients, select Next.
- An overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded is displayed.
- Click Finish.
All imported devices will appear in their respective clients under Assets in Documentation Manager