Datto RMM Integration Configuration
Passportal can integrate with Datto RMM. Clients and their assets will sync directly into Documentation Manager. This document will describe how to create this integration.
You need to have Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with Datto RMM. Please contact your Account Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
- Your Datto RMM API Public Key. (See https://help.aem.autotask.net/en/Content/2SETUP/APIv2.htm for instructions on gaining the API keys).
- Your Datto RMM API Private Key.
- Your Platform Name (your server domain name).
The user account being used to set up the Datto RMM sync needs to have system admin and API user security level permissions within Datto RMM.
Enabling Datto RMM Integration
- Navigate to Settings > Integration Center.
- Select Datto RMM.
- Enter your Datto RMM Public and Private Keys and Platform Name.
- Select Sync Devices as Assets to allow your devices within Datto RMM to be synchronized as assets within Passportal (if required).
- Click Authenticate.
- If Sync Devices as Assets has been enabled in the previous step, you now select which Asset Types to sync. Toggle the individual switches to ON, or use the Select All button. Once the required selection is made, click Save Selection.
- The Client Sync screen is now displayed. Passportal will attempt to match all existing clients set up in Passportal with their corresponding Datto RMM clients, to ensure duplicates are not created. Clients must have identical names for this to work. Select Auto-Match All to start this process.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match in the Matched Passportal Record column and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons in the Matched Passportal Record column. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button to create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded tab and select Create or Match.
- You will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had previously left uncreated. Click Next to continue.
- The Sync Preview Sync screen is displayed, which is an overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded.
- Review to ensure the expected actions will be taken. Click Finish to complete the integration process.
When entering the Server Domain Name / Platform Name - please ensure you do not include the entire URL, just the name.
If the full URL is https://merlot-api.centrastage.net, you only enter merlot.
Once you have completed the process, it may take some time to allow the initial synchronization of assets to occur. Depending on the number of devices, this can take several hours. New devices are currently synchronized once per day during the evening.
- If required, you can setup your Datto Autotask PSA LiveLinks feature next to get the most out of the Datto Integration.