Datto RMM Integration Configuration
Passportal can integrate with Datto RMM and clients and their assets directly into Documentation Manager. This topic describes how to configure this integration.
You need to have Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with Datto RMM. Please contact your Partner Development Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
- First, you need to set up an API Public and Private Key from Datto RMM. See https://help.aem.autotask.net/en/Content/2SETUP/APIv2.htm for instructions on this process from Datto RMM.
- Once you have the API keys from Datto RMM, you can begin the configuration in Passportal.
The user account being used to set up the Datto RMM sync needs to have system admin and API user security level permissions within Datto RMM.
Enabling Datto RMM Integration
- Click on settings on the sidebar, then navigate to the Integration Center tab.
- Select Datto RMM.
- Enter in the API Keys and server domain name you use to connect to Datto RMM into the provided fields.
- Select Enable Device Sync.
- Select Authenticate.
Domain / Platform Name Setting
When entering the Server Domain Name / Platform Name - please ensure you not include the entire URL, just the name. For example, do not enter https://merlot-api.centrastage.net, instead, just enter merlot.
Selecting Device Types to Synchronize
- Select the device types you wish to sync
- Once you have selected the types you would like, select Save Selection
- You will be able to revisit this page in the future and select or de-select any device types you do not want to sync at this time.
Selecting Clients to Synchronize
- The next step is to synchronize the clients from Datto RMM to Passportal. To begin the client sync process, it will look to match all existing clients set up in Passportal with their corresponding Datto RMM clients to be synchronized, which will ensure duplicates are not created.
- To do this, you can select Auto-Match all and it will match any with identical names.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons beside their names. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded Records tab and select Create, Match or Exclude.
- Remember, you will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had previously left uncreated.
- Once you have finished creating your clients, select Next.
- An overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded is displayed.
- Click Finish.
- All imported devices will appear in their respective clients under Assets in Documentation Manager.
- Make sure you setup your Datto Autotask PSA LiveLinks feature next to get the most out of the Datto Integration.
- For additional information on Datto RMM integration with Passportal, see Datto RMM Integration Features.