ConnectWise® Automate™ Integration Configuration
Passportal can integrate with ConnectWise Automate. Clients and their assets will sync directly into Documentation Manager. This topic describes how to create this integration.
You will need to have the Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with ConnectWise Automate. Please contact your Partner Development Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
First, you need a ConnectWise Automate Username and Password and need to know the ConnectWise Server Domain Name. The server domain name will be your address for ConnectWise Automate, for example, https://mydomain.hostedrmm.com/.
You will need to be running ConnectWise Automate 12.0 or higher in order for Authentication to work.
Enabling ConnectWise Automate Integration
- Click on settings on the sidebar, then navigate to the Integration Center tab.
- Select ConnectWise Automate.
- Enter the Username (Case Sensitive), Password, and server domain name (including https://) you use to connect to ConnectWise Automate into the provided fields.
- Turn On Enable Device Sync (Please note that at this time only Computers will sync from ConnectWise Automate to Passportal. Network devices such as Switches, Routers etc will not come over)
- Select Authenticate
Selecting Clients to Synchronize
The next step is to synchronize the clients from ConnectWise Automate to Passportal. To begin the client sync process, it will look to match all existing clients set up in Passportal with their corresponding ConnectWise Automate clients to be synchronized, which will ensure duplicates are not created.
- To do this, you can select Auto-Match all and it will match any with identical names.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons beside their names. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded Records tab and select Create, Match or Exclude.
Remember, you will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had previously left uncreated.
- Once you have finished creating your clients, select Next.
- An overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded is displayed. Click Finish to finish the setup.
All imported devices will appear in their respective clients under Assets in Documentation Manager.