Auvik Integration Configuration
Passportal can itegrate with Auvik. Clients and their assets will sync directly into Documentation Manager. This document will describe how to create this integration.
You will need to have the Documentation Manager enabled in order to integrate with Auvik. Please contact your Partner Development Manager if you are interested in enabling this feature.
Before You Begin
First, you need a Auvik Username and API Key (Your account will require Inventory Access, and the API Key can be generated from editing your Profile). The URL for Auvik will be specific to your region. For example: https://us1.my.auvik.com. You will then be required to know your Domain. This can be found next to the API Key location.
Enabling Auvik Integration
- Click on settings on the sidebar, then navigate to the Integration Center tab
- Select Auvik
- Enter the Username, API Key, URL, and Domain you use to connect to Auvik into the provided fields.
- Turn On Enable Device Sync.
- Select Authenticate.
If you get an error saying "Oops. Full authentication is required to access this resource" please enter the following command in CMD to verify your account has appropriate access to the API.
curl -I -u EMAILADDRESS:APIKEY https://auvikapi.us1.my.auvik.com/authentication/verify
Where "EMAILADDRESS" is replaced with your email in Auvik and "APIKEY" is replaced with your API Key.
Selecting Clients to Synchronize
- The next step is to synchronize the clients from Auvik to Passportal. To begin the client sync process, it will look to match all existing clients set up in Passportal with their corresponding Auvik clients to be synchronized, which will ensure duplicates are not created.
- To do this, you can select Auto-Match all and it will match any with identical names.
- If you would prefer to manually match the clients, you can also do this by clicking on Match and clicking on the corresponding client in the drop-down.
- For the remainder of the clients select either the Create or Exclude buttons beside their names. If you have a large list you can just exclude the clients you don't want and select the Create Unmatched button create the remaining clients.
- If you excluded a client that you would like to later add, simply select the Excluded Records tab and select Create or Match.
Remember, you will be able to revisit this page after the initial setup and change any of the settings or create any clients you had not created previously.
- Once you have finished creating your clients, select Next.
- This will then present an overview of records to be created, matched, or excluded before finally proceeding by selecting Finish
- All imported devices will appear in their respective clients under Assets in Documentation Manager.