Creating a New User
Your organization employees (engineers, administrators, managers) will each have a User account in Passportal. These can be created using a variety of integrations (see our pages on Autotask or ConnectWise integrations) or you can create them manually by following these steps:
- Navigate to the "Users" page on the sidebar.
- Select the "New" menu at the top of the page and then "User" from the drop-down.
- On the window that pops up enter the name, email address, and phone number.
- Set the "User Permission Level" to restrict and allow ability to perform certain actions (for more information, see permissions Guide Page )
- The "assign clients" radio button, if clicked to "yes" , will open a list of clients that can be added to or removed from the group of clients assigned to that user using the arrow buttons.
- The "assign Security Group" radio button, if clicked to "yes" , will likewise open a list of Security Groups that the User can be added to in a similar fashion. (For more information on Security Groups see our Creating and Editing Security Groups page ).
- When "Save and Close" is clicked at the end of the process, an activation email will be sent to the email address entered and the user will be guided through steps to login to Passportal for the first time.
Clients can be assigned to users directly, or using as Security Group. It is best practice to use Security Groups to assign clients in order to keep your user access easy to view and change.
Customizing Permissions is no longer available at the User level, a custom Permission Level will have to be created and then applied to the user.