Importing to My Vault
Passportal allows imports to your My Vault credentials.
Accessing the My Vault Importer and downloading the import CSV:
If you don’t have permissions to access through the above route:
The Import Passwords to Vault screen is displayed - click Vault Import Templates - Download to download the import CSV file
Populating the My Vault import CSV
Once you’ve downloaded the template, you will notice there is no client name column as this is intended for your My Vault credentials, and not a client.
This template name needs to remain as is. If the name of the CSV is changed, credentials may fail to import correctly.
If you have Carriage Returns within your notes, you will encounter issues performing the import. Following these steps will allow there to be Soft Carriage Returns which are allowed within the import.
- Select all cells where you want to remove or replace carriage returns
- Press Ctrl+H to open the Find & Replace dialog box
- In the Find What field enter Ctrl+J. It will look empty, but you will see a tiny dot
- In the Replace With field, Press Alt+Enter. It will look empty, however, when you click Replace All you will see that changes have been made
|Passportal ID (BLANK)||Credential||Username||Password||Description||Expires (Yes/No)||Notes||URL||Folder(Optional)|
|to remain empty||credential type||username||password||description (optional)||
||optional||URL of website etc. where the credential is used||folder name (will create the folder if the folder does not exist in your My Vault)|
Importing the populated CSV
The upload of the file needs to be performed on the same device as where you downloaded the import CSV file
- Navigate back to he Import Passwords to Vault screen
- Drag and drop the CSV file into the importer, or click Select Files and browse to the ZIP collection
- The screen refreshes to show your credentials - check through to ensure these present as expected, use the checkbox to the left of each entry to include or exclude from the import
- When happy with the selection, click Import
- The screen will refresh - check the Import Status column to see if the import for the credential has been successful