Importing IT Glue Data
Passportal users are now able to import their IT Glue data directly into Documentation Manager by using our IT Glue Document Uploader tool.
Once you have exported from IT Glue, Passportal's IT Glue Document Uploader can be used to easily and quickly import all of your IT Glue records including:
The IT Glue import can import custom documents from IT Glue, however if you have edited a default section of IT Glue and added elements, or changed the names of elements, then those items will not be imported.
IT Glue user audit history and permissions are not imported but will be audited through Documentation Manager going forward, as with all other data.
As permissions are not carried over, it is highly recommended that you create security and permission groups prior to creating users to help accommodate your current access rights and structure.
In order to upload the IT Glue Import file, you will need to be at the default URL For Passportal. For instance, https://us.passportalmsp.com If you are signed into a Custom Subdomain, the import will fail to upload.
To import IT Glue data:
- Navigate to Settings > Import / Export in the main menu.
- From the Import/Export screen, select Import from IT Glue in the Other Imports section. This opens the IT Glue Document Uploader.
- Drag-and-drop your IT Glue export into the IT Glue Document Uploader window or click the Select Files button and choose the file to be imported.
- Once uploaded, click the Start Import button.
The Import File must be in a .ZIP format. However, you will not need to edit or change any file names or extensions inside the .ZIP file Maximum file size is 5GB. If your IT Glue ZIP file is larger than 5GB, please contact Passportal Support for further assistance.
- The data will now begin uploading to the Passportal servers. Please stay on the page, until it the upload has completed.