Why are my AD user’s passwords not being created or showing in Passportal?
When the AD Agent has been configured, it will start sending end user passwords to the system as passwords get changed on AD. Our agent does not have the ability to access the encrypted passwords on AD, decrypt them, and then send them to the system.
Check to see if Auto create users as passwords is enabled in the edit client screen for the client in question.
If it is and 2-way sync is also enabled then there could be an issue with the AD agent:
- Check to make sure the server was restarted after installation.
- Check to make sure the admin account the service is running on is a member of local admin, administrators, and users groups.
- Check to make sure the client is enabled for windows sync and double-check 2-way sync is enabled.
- Ensure that there is a single agent pointing to a single client folder.
- If there are multiple DC's or Severs, follow the appropriate KB guide: