A Runbook is a collection of articles, procedures, assets, passwords, and all other documentation consolidated into a single PDF file that can be exported as well as printed for used outside of Passportal.
In order to access Runbooks you need to have the following permissions:
- Admin: Export Data
- Document: View
The Runbook will be available for 3 days once generated due to our S3 Storage Security policy. For further information, please see Passportal Security Standards.
To generate a Runbook in Passportal, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click Import/Export.
- Click Generate Runbooks.
- You are taken to the first step in Passportal for generating the Runbook. Select the required clients from the Available column, and move to the Added column by highlighting the client then clicking the arrows. The double arrow will move all in the list.
- Once all required clients have been included in the Added list, click Next to continue.
- The second step is to now select the required document types to include in the Runbook. Use the toggles next to each, or the Select All options for each area. Toggled to the right means included.
- Once all required items have been selected, click Next to continue.
- The third step is the scheduling of the generation of the Runbook if required. If not required, click Create to start the generation. Once the generations is complete, you will receive an email to advise the generation is completed and can be downloaded.
- To enable a schedule, first enable the toggle for Enable scheduling.
- Select the date of the month you want the Runbook to be generated on using the calendar.
- If you require a regular generation, enable the Recurring Frequency toggle, and enter the frequency in months (once a month, once every 2 months, etc.).
- Click Create when the schedule is set. The Runbook will be created as per the frequency configured, you wlill receive an email to advise once generation is completed so you may download the Runbook.
- The processing Runbook can be seen in the Scheduled Runbooks information panel in the dashboard. If needed, you can cancel the generation by clicking the Cancel option in the Actions column.
- Once yo have received the email advising that the generation is complete, navigate back to Runbooksvia Settings > Import/Export > Generate Runbooks. The Runbooks information panel shows your generation status. Click Download to retrieve the generated Runbook.
If you choose Credentials, you have the option to have passwords Masked (as asterisks) or Unmasked (plain text). If you choose Unmasked you will not be able to set a schedule for the Runbook generation during the third step.
Depending on the number of items and number of clients you are generating at once, this process can take up to 24 hours