Using the Cross-Browser Extension
Passportal has a new fully native browser extension for Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and all Chromium-based browsers that enable users to easily access and manage their My Vault, Company Vault, and Client Vault credentials.
- Easily create, edit, view, and search credentials from your favorite modern internet browser
- Quickly log into websites with a single click
- Customizable views
- Access all credentials within Passportal, including those not associated with a website or URL
- Built-in password generator
- Autofill & Autologin
- Match subdomain option
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) supported
- Completely redesigned UI with enhanced usability and performance
- Improved detection of username and password fields
Installing the Extension
To install the extension for Chrome, please visit
Visit the Chrome Web Store for Passportal
Then select, Add to Chrome
To install the extension for Firefox, please visit
Visit the Firefox Add-ons for Passportal
Then select, Add to Firefox
To install the extension for Edge, please visit
Visit the Edge extension for Passportal
Then select, Get.
If you have the previous version of the Passportal browser extension installed, please remove or disable it prior to using the new extension.
After installing the extension, you will need to first enter your Email, Password, Organization Key, and Location.
You can then chose to remember these settings with the Remember Me toggle option.
Upon login, if you have 2FA authentication enabled on your account, you will be prompted accordingly.
If using Duo Security as your 2FA authentication method, you will have the option to Send Push as well as enter your code.
Finding Your Credentials
Using the Websites Tab
You can browse and find your credentials in a number of ways within the extension. The default Websites tab allows you to easily navigate between credentials stored for the website open on the current tab, any website related credentials in your own vault, or any other credentials associated with websites that you have access to.
Using the Credentials Tab
The Credentials tab will allow you to Sort by Client or Sort by Credential Type and easily browse all credentials (regardless of they are assigned to a URL or not).
You can always use the Search field on any screen to quickly find your credentials.
Adding a Credential
You can easily add new credentials to your any vault or client using the extension. There are two ways to add a new credential:
Using Add Buttons
From any tab on the extension, or when selecting the Passportal logo in a username or password field, you can use the button to add a new credential. It will automatically populate the URL so it is available the next time you visit that site.
Auto-create Credential When Logging In
When logging into a site that does not have that particular credential saved, the extension will prompt with a Save Credential? pop-up. Clicking Save here will automatically add this credential to the vault of your choice. You can change this behavior in Settings.
Logging into a Website
Using the Launch Option
You can use the extension to easily jump directly to a site and log in automatically using the Launch option. Simply, hover over the icon Choosing the launch option will launch the website, and autofill the credentials selected for that site.
- Select the Passportal extension icon .
- Search for and select your desired credential.
- Hover over the credential's icon and select Launch.
On a website with a saved login, you can click on the Passportal icon in the top right corner to copy usernames/passwords if autofill does not appear to work for this site.
Username or Password Field Login
You can also click on any icon populated in a username or password field of any website and it will provide any credentials you have access to that match your current URL. Simply selecting the credential you would like will populate the fields with the credential details and allow you to log in.
Auto-Login is an option you can enable in Settings. With this setting enabled, the extension will attempt to use the first account it finds with a matching domain/URL and automatically populates the credentials, then log in.
To access settings, simply select your name at the bottom of the extension, and select Settings.
Account information will provide identifying information for the user that is currently logged into the extension.
The following options are available for customizing the extension behavior:
- Auto-Capture Credentials: Ensure prompting to save new credentials
- Autofill: Automatically fill the first matching credential for a website
- Login Upon Selection: Will attempt to log in when a credential is selected
- Instant Login: Will attempt to autofill and login automatically
- Open Websites in: Choose how you would like websites to launch
- Default Tab: Choose which tab should be the default view
- Timeout: The extension will require re-authentication after the timeout period. Choose between 30 minutes and 30 days
Domain Configuration will enable you to toggle how you would like the extension to match domains.
- Match Full Domain will look to match the entire domain, including subdomain, before considering the credential a Match for a particular website. (eg. support.microsoft.com)
- Match Root Domain will match any credentials matching the root, regardless of the subdomain (eg. microsoft.com) - This is the default option.
Syncing with your Passportal Account
The extension will automatically sync any changes you make in your Passportal account every 30 minutes, but you can manually force a synchronization anytime by selecting the icon in the bottom right corner.
The Password Generator can be accessed at any time through the upper right corner of the extension.
From there you can create a randomly generated password, customized with the following variables:
- Between 8 and 150 characters
- Designated special characters of your choice