Blink User Setup
To start setting up Blink users:
- Navigate to User Management > Blink User Setup.
- Select the required client from the Select Client dropdown.
- Expand the required AD folder structure that is displayed.
- Click the tick boxes for the required users.
- Click the Create Selected as: Blink Users button.
- The selected users will receive an email inviting them to use Blink.
This requires the Remote Monitor Agent to be on version v188.8.131.52 or higher, downloaded the latest version from the downloads section in Passportal.
The selected users will now receive a Blink activation email. End users can use Blink End User Activation Guide for directions on activation if required. The Blink End User Reset Guide is also available should end users require directions on how to reset using Blink.
AzureAD and Blink Usage Information
- When you install the AzureAD agent on any system, and go to User Management > Blink User Setup you will see the AD Structure of the system (if it is a workgroup computer, you will see the default accounts, such as Administrator). At the bottom of the list you should then also see a list of email addresses - it is these which are specifically the Azure AD Email addresses.
- You can create these Azure AD Accounts in Passportal as Blink Users, which does not mean that those passwords need to sync into Passportal, just simply that there is a connection between Blink, the Azure AD Agent and AzureAD.
- When a user then clicks Reset Password on the Blink app, the request is sent to the Azure AD Agent, which then processes a password change and syncs that change to Azure AD
- When the password has been changed and synced to Azure AD, the user then receives the new password in Blink on their phone.
- They will then be able to sign into Azure AD, and will be able to change their password if required.
- The MSP will not be able to sync these passwords into Passportal due to the one-way sync.