Manually Uninstalling the AD Agent
If the Windows Agent will not uninstall using Add/Remove Programs, use the following steps to manually uninstall.
- Run the service uninstall command line against the Passportal and Passportal Updater services:
- Search for and delete all keys in the registry pertaining to the Passportal product code:
- Run the msi again. It might prompt to repair or remove - select the remove option.
- Delete the directory "C:\\Program Files\Passportal\Windows Agent".
- Manually unload and remove the c:\windows\system32\adpasswordchangenotifier.dll. The notification package needs to be removed from the Registry:
- Open regedit and navigate to
- In the entry [Notification Package] Remove the entry: adpasswordchangenotifier.
- Save changes and reboot the server. The dll will be removable in c:\windows\system32\.
sc delete Passportal
sc delete PassportalUpdater