Active Directory Integration
The Windows Agent allows you to sync and manage your Active Directory credentials within Passportal. This allows you to enable automatic Password Rotation. The Windows Agent is also used to setup Blink Users within Passportal.
The following gives a brief description of each of the toggles within the Windows Agent Settings.
- Rotation Policy - If you enable rotation policy, you can determine how frequently passwords will be rotated. If the password is synced with Active Directory, and rotation is enabled, the password will be randomly generated and applied to the password, then synced down to Active Directory.
- Windows Sync - When you enable Windows Sync, this allows you to select this client when configuring the Windows Agent.
- Unlock Windows Accounts on resets - When an Active Directory Account is locked, if the end user performs a Blink User Reset, their account will become unlocked.
- Auto Restart Updates Services - When an Active Directory Account password is changed if there are Services that are running from this credential the services will be restarted automatically.
- Auto Create Missing Windows Users - When you create a password within Passportal, if the account does not exist in Active Directory this will create a Domain User with the username/password assigned in Passportal.
- Auto Create Users as Passwords - When you create/change a password within Active Directory it will automatically create this as a password within Passportal.
- Update Service Credentials on Network - When a password is changed if the password is running as a Service on a system on the network it will update this Service to use the new password.
- Mute Agent - Enabling the Mute Agent Toggle will disable communication with the Active Directory and Passportal. When Mute Agent toggle is disabled the Passportal and PassportalUpdater services must be restarted for communication to return.
- Two-way Sync - When Two-way Sync toggle is enabled, this will ensure that changes in both Active Directory and Passportal are replicated between one another. If you change a password in Passportal it will sync to Active Directory. If you change a password within Active Directory it will sync to Passportal. When this toggle is disabled sync will be a One-way sync from Passportal down to Active Directory.
- Agent Settings Override Blink Options - When this toggle is enabled, the settings specified on the end users Blink App will not take effect if they are different from the other Blink Toggles mentioned below.
- Require password change on Blink resets - When this toggle is enabled, if a Blink User performs a password reset they will be prompted to change their password at next login.
- Password reset length for blink users - Some companies have strict password limitations. You have the ability to change the default password length generated when performing Blink User Resets.
If you enable rotation on an end user password they will not be notified of the new password that is generated.
You will need to edit this password after creation, and set Windows Sync to Enabled.
Only enable this if you want to record all Active Directory Users passwords within the system.