If you find some spam is not being blocked by the filters, you can upload the emails to the Mail Assure training system. This allows the system to gather valuable information on the nature of the emails and helps to reduce future spam from reaching your mailbox. Emails that bypass our filters are automatically excluded from the training system, e.g. if a sender/recipient is whitelisted. See Train Spam.
You can also use the following end-user client integrations with Mail Assure to report spam:
Using the Outlook/O365 add-on
- Using the Thunderbird add-on
- In MailApp Apple OSX using the SpamReporter tool
- Forward Email as attachment
- Via IMAP
- Via Browser-based Email Client
To report email as NOT spam in Mail Assure use the Train Not Spam feature.
- In the Domain Level or Email Level Control Panel, select General > Train spam.
- In the Train spam page, drag and drop or browse for and upload messages you want the system to treat as spam. Messages can be in .eml or .msg format.
Use the Train not spam page to train the filter to recognize specific messages as NOT spam.
- In the Domain Level Control Panel, select General > Train not spam.
- In the Train spam page, drag and drop or browse for and upload messages you want the system to treat as NOT spam in the future.