Outlook/Office 365 Add-on
Mail Assure’s cloud email security helps users safeguard Office 365 email by adding an additional layer of security and providing Office 365 integration. Protection against threats, always-on continuity, and email archiving for Office 365 enhances your Office 365 experience so you can focus on core business activities.
The easy-to-install Mail Assure Office 365 Add-on allows users full control and transparency over their email flows. Users can “train spam” and “train not-spam” from their message window. Messages trained as spam are moved to the user’s trash folder and messages trained as not-spam are automatically moved to the user’s inbox. These actions signal required adjustments to the Mail Assure classification systems. Users can also use Single-Sign-On (SSO) by logging into the Mail Assure web-interface from a button available in their message window.
To benefit from the Mail Assure Office 365 add-in capabilities, users must use Mail Assure’s email security solutions.
The Mail Assure Add-on for Office 365 provides email users with the following features:
- No hardware installation required.
- Support for both Office 365 and Azure Active Directory single-sign-on into the Mail Assure web-interface
- Users can report false negatives (“train spam”) and false positives (“train as not-spam”) from the user’s message window.
- 24/7 built-in email continuity (users can read, compose, and send email during a Microsoft outage by logging-in to the Mail Assure web-interface).
Add-on System Requirements
- Office (Outlook) 2013 or newer or Office 365 (web or local install)
- Client device with Internet explorer 11 enabled
- Internet connection
Installing the Add-on
- Go to the Microsoft AppSource and locate the Mail Assure add-on https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-gb/?search=mail%20assure.
- Click Get it now. and sign into your account.
- Follow the instructions to install the add-on.
Using the Add-on to Report an Email Message as Spam or Not Spam
- In Outlook or Office 365, click on the relevant email message.
- In Outlook, click on Mail Assure at the top right of your Home ribbon. In Office 365, click on the Mail Assure icon and select either:
- Train message > Spam to train Mail Assure to recognize the message as spam.
- Train message > Not spam to train Mail Assure to recognize the message as not spam.
In Office 365, if you have chosen to 'Try the new Outlook', the icon may not be displayed. In this situation, click on ... (more actions) and select Mail Assure Cloud Email Security > Train message > Spam/Not spam.
A confirmation message is displayed e.g.
Access the Mail Assure Dashboard from Outlook/O365 Using the Mail Assure Add-on
- In Outlook, in the Home ribbon, select Mail Assure > Go to Dashboard. and click on the Go to my.swmailassure.com button. In Office 365, click on the Mail Assure icon in the message toolbar and click on Go to Dashboard.
The Mail Assure Dashboard is displayed. See Application Overview.
If you need help with setting this up, please contact Support: https://success.solarwindsmsp.com