Mailboxes Alias Tab
A mailbox alias rewrites email from one address at a domain to another address at the same domain. For example, if you have alias@ as a mailbox alias for user@ at the domain example.com, then any mail directed to firstname.lastname@example.org will use logging, quarantine, and filtering settings of the primary mailbox, email@example.com.
If Direct delivery for email and domain aliases is enabled in Incoming > Domain Settings, then the final delivery of the message will be made to the original version of the address. Otherwise, the delivery will be to the primary mailbox.
In the Mailbox alias tab, you can do the following:
- Add, edit and remove aliases
- Catch all mail to a domain and direct it to a single address
- In the Admin or Domain Level Control Panel, select General - Mailbox Configuration.
- Open the Mailbox aliases tab.
- Click on + Add alias to open the Add alias dialog.
- At Admin Level the Domain field is displayed. Start typing to find the domain to wgich you want to add the alias.
- In the Mailbox field, enter the email address without the domain part e.g. if the mailbox address is firstname.lastname@example.org, enter 'john.smith'.
- In the Alias field enter the alias email address without the domain part e.g. for email@example.com, enter 'j.smith'.
- Click Save.
- In the Mailbox field enter the address to which you want all mail sent.
- In the Alias field enter *.
- Click Save.
The only wildcard you can enter in the Alias field is a single '*'. For example if you enter 'user*', this applies to the address firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT all addresses starting with 'user'.
Only a single rewrite is possible. For example email@example.com cannot be rewritten to firstname.lastname@example.org