Configure Mail Archive / Journaling with Exchange Online (Office 365)
- Log in to Mail Assure as an Admin or Domain user:
- Click on Archiving > Status > Enable to enable inbound and outbound archiving for all users on the domain.
- If required, navigate to Archive > Archived recipients to restrict the users whose mail will be archived.
- Make a note of the global journaling address if you want to enable journaling. If the address ends with '@MX-record-hostname' please use @mx1.mtaroutes.com.
If you log in as the domain user, the Domain Level Control panel is displayed on login.
If you log in as an admin user, go to General > Domains Overview and click on the domain you want to enable archiving for. The Domain Level Control Panel is now displayed.
- Log in to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Navigate to Compliance management > Journal rules.
- Enter a valid email address to receive journal failure alerts.
- Click on the + (plus sign) and create the journal rule as follows:
- Send journal reports to: Enter the global journal address noted in Enable Archiving of Inbound/Outbound Mail (above).
- Name: Give the rule a meaningful name
- If the message is sent to or received from: Choose [Apply to all messages]
- Journal the following messages:
- Select Internal messages only if the domain uses inbound/outbound filtering
- Select All messages if the domain is archive-only.