Troubleshoot Messages in the Delivery Queue
If there are messages stored in the queue there will always be a (temporary) error when delivering to the destination server. To investigate the issue:
- Verify you have set the correct destination route (also ensure there are not multiple destination routes specified, normally there should just be one route). See Manage Destinations.
- Check the logs on your destination server to investigate why delivery attempts are not being accepted.
- Run a telnet test to check the response of your destination mailserver. There are two ways you can do this:
- From the Message Queue by selecting Telnet SMTP Test from the dropdown alongside any of the queued messages. This takes you to the Network Tools page.
- Directly from the Continuity > Network Tools page and selecting the SMTP tab (see the Telnet tips in the right panel).
- If after following these steps you still have an issue, please contact Support providing a sample sender/recipient/date for investigation.