cPanel and WHM Configuration for Mail Assure
The following instructions describe how to:
- Restrict inbound delivery to Mail Assure only
- Disable catchall behaviour
- Route outbound mail through Mail Assure
As the root user:
- Set the Service configuration > Exim Configuration Manager > Access lists to Only-verify-recipient to contain:
- Ratelimit suspicious SMTP servers > False
- Ratelimit incoming connections with only failed recipients > False
- Email delivery retry time > 5 minutes
- Initial default/catch-all forwarder destination > Fail
- Enable BoxTrapper spam trap > Off
- Enable Apache SpamAssassin™ spam filter > On
This will restrict the server from receiving mail for all domains to only accepting mail from Mail Assure.
As the admin for the domain, or higher:
Select Email > Default Address > <domain> > Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message.
In Service configuration > Exim Configuration Manager > Mail set:
- Smarthost support > * smtpout.mtaroutes.com::587
This should be <asterisk><space><smarthost address><double colon><port number>.