20th May 2019
- New Manage Admin Aliases page - A new page has been added to the Admin Level Control Panel allowing you to configure multiple user/password credentials so you can log in as the same admin user. For example, if you have three users that manage the same set of domains, you can create an admin alias for each of them, rather than sharing the same set of admin credentials. See Manage Admin Aliases.
13th May 2019
- Compulsory TLS option - You can now specify that TLS encryption is required for senders/recipients. See Specify Compulsory TLS Encryption.
6th May 2019
- New Beta interface and Dashboard accessible via SSO out of Features Preview - If you are already accessing my.swmailassure.com via SolarWinds SSO you will see a new link at the top right of the application allowing access to the new, work-in-progress beta interface. We appreciate any feedback you send via the feedback link provided in the platform bar. See Beta Interface and Dashboard.
15th April 2019
- Removal of Archived Messages - Our Support team can now enable the removal of archived messages for specific admin accounts on request. Once enabled by Support, the Admin (and any associated sub-admins) will see the Remove archived message option in the Archive > Search - Incoming page. See Delete Archived Messages.
Once enabled, the option to enable the removal of messages from the Archive cannot be disabled.
Removed messages continue to be stored encrypted until they expire, but will no longer be visible or accessible via the web interface.
8th April 2019
- Improved Log Search results loading speed - The Log Search no longer shows the number of results and pages when querying multiple domains - this has improved the loading speed.
- Improved Dashboard loading speed - Domain Level Dashboards with a large number of mailboxes now take less time to load.
- Improved Delivery Details search speed - Back-end improvements mean that when selecting to view the Delivery history in the Log Search results, the Delivery Details page is displayed more quickly.
18th March 2019
- New Beta interface and Dashboard accessible via SSO using Features Preview - If you are already accessing my.swmailassure.com via SolarWinds SSO, and you have Features Preview enabled in your Admin user profile, you will see a new link at the top right of the application allowing access to the new, work-in-progress beta interface. We appreciate any feedback you send via the feedback link provided in the platform bar. See Beta Interface and Dashboard.
8th March 2019
- The Office 365 Add-on is now available - The easy-to-install Mail Assure Office 365 Add-on allows users full control and transparency over their email flows. Users can “train spam” and “train not-spam” from their message window and access the Mail Assure Control Panel to read, compose and send email if their mail server is down. See Outlook/Office 365 Add-on.
4th March 2019
- Interface improvements - Alert messages within the LDAP Sync Preview page are now aligned correctly.
- Default column selection consistency - The default column selection on the Delivery Queue pages now matches the Quarantine pages.
18th February 2019
- Connection status now included when storing logs - A reduction in the number of processing steps to show message logs now displays the message status (e.g. delivered) more clearly.
11th February 2019
- Improved OAuth2/OpenID Connect (SSO) support for Email Level users - The OAuth2/OpenID Connect feature which provides a Single Sign-on (SSO) service for email users has been significantly improved and now works with common identity providers such as Office 365. The feature is only available to Admin accounts with a custom branded hostname. See:
28th January 2019
- LDAP mailbox sync mapping with LDAP username - Where LDAP username authentication is required, the new LDAP username mapping feature allows users, who may be unaware of their username, to sign in to the system using their email address. The feature maps the username to the email address to allow this to happen. See Set up Custom LDAP Mapping Rules.
14th January 2019
- Improvements to the LDAP Mailbox Sync page - The page now shows consistency in text alignment. See Configuring LDAP Mailbox Sync.
17th December 2018
- Restructure of the Navigation panel and Dashboard - The groupings have been re-arranged in a more logical and user-friendly way. Some less commonly used features which existed in the old Dashboard no longer appear in the new Dashboard, but these can still be accessed in the Navigation panel.
- Archived Mailboxes management moved to Mailboxes Overview - The enabling and disabling of email archiving for mailboxes is fully supported via the Mailboxes Overview pages. As it is no longer needed, the legacy, Archived Mailboxes page has been removed.
Groupings and content vary between the Admin, Domain and Email Level Control Panels to better reflect the tasks carried out at each of these levels.
The following topic describes the new structure and the corresponding previous grouping in the old Navigation/Dashboard - New Navigation/Dashboard Feature Mapping.
3rd December 2018
- Internal API logging exposed at admin level (Preview) - With Features Preview enabled, Admin users can now view internal activity logs at admin level, in the Server > Logs (Preview). See API Logs (Preview).
19th November 2018
- Control Panel login available with domain or email alias - You can now log in to the Control Panel using a domain or email alias. The system automatically looks for and authenticates as the related main mailbox or domain.
- Mail Delivery Queue extension from 4 to 14 days - Mail Assure will queue legitimate emails and retry delivery if the destination mailserver environment is unavailable. The queue time has been extended from 4 to 14 days, which applies to mailboxes listed in the Mailboxes tab (see Mailboxes Overview) for domains that are configured to accept mail only for listed mailboxes (when the destination mailserver is unreachable, automatic validation is not possible). See Message Queueing.
- Email Scout Report Edit feature now available - You can now edit existing Email Scout Reports. See View/Edit Email Scout Reports.
12th November 2018
- Recipient Whitelist changes:
- At the Domain Level, whitelisted recipients have been moved to the Mailboxes Overview page - In order to have a single place to manage mailboxes whose incoming mail should not be filtered, all whitelisted recipients now show as mailboxes in the General > Mailboxes Overview > Mailboxes tab with incoming filtering switched off. See Switch off Filtering for Specific Mailbox (whitelist recipients).
- At the Admin Level, the Recipient whitelist remains for whitelisting recipients (see Whitelist Recipient for All Domains) but you can also use the Mailbox Overview pages to switch filtering off for specific mailboxes at Admin Level as well as Domain Level.
The Recipient Whitelist at the domain level now only displays recipients whitelisted at the Admin Level.
- Email Scout Report improvements:
- A new feature that allows you to view incoming / outgoing Email Scout Reports which use a specific template is now available from the Email Scout Reports Templates (Preview) page. See View Incoming/Outgoing Reports from a Particular Template.
- The Email Scout Reports page offers a new Edit template action which opens the template a report uses.
- Rejection change from permanent to temporary for 'unknown domains' - Emails sent to domains that have not been added (yet) to the platform, are now temporarily rejected with a 451 SMTP response 'relay not permitted!'. This has changed from the previous 550 permanent rejection.
To see all pages in Preview mode, ensure you have Features Preview enabled.
29th October 2018
- Email Scout Report (ESR) improvements
- When creating an ESR at the Admin Level, you can now specify which domains you want to include in your Email Scout Report. The report will include mail filtered for all mailboxes in the listed domain(s). See Create Email Scout Report.
- New Automatic Email Scout Reports tab in the Email Scout Reports page - This new tab contains a list of all ESRs configured in the Incoming > Domain Settings page. See View/Edit Email Scout Reports.
The Email Scout Reports Templates (Preview) page has a new tab - Automatic Email Scout Report Activation Messages - This tab lists all existing ESR templates that are set up for the ESR activation messages. You can copy existing ones, create new ones and edit and remove any custom templates. See Email Scout Report Templates (Preview).
- Expansion of custom whitelist/blacklist filtering rules - You can now create custom filtering rules for your whitelist or blacklist based on whether messages are from a known social media provider (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), or messages are newsletters/mailing list/bulk messages.
8th October 2018
- Improved Email Scout Report button name - The Save button in the Setup Email Scout Report dialog has been renamed to Schedule to better reflect the action when creating an Email Scout Report. See Create Email Scout Report.
1st October 2018
- Expansion of region choice for newly added domains - The Australia (AU) and Canada (CA) regions are now available when adding a new domain in Mail Assure. These two additions expand on the existing (default) Global region and the EU, UK and US regions. See Add a Domain.
- OAuth 2/OpenID Connect is now available to Email Level users - OAuth SSO authentication is now not only available to Admin Level users but also to Email Level users. This means that both sets of users can use OAuth settings to set up authentication with another set of credentials e.g. Google authentication. See Configure OAuth/OpenID Connect Settings.
24th September 2018
- Improved User Profile page for OAuth users - If OAuth is set up on your system, the Users Profile page now separates your local Mail Assure log in credentials from your OAuth Single Sign On (SSO) change password option. See Manage Your Admin User Profile.
17th September 2018
- Email Scout Reports improved configuration options - When creating Email Scout Reports, a new Delivery Options panel provides more flexibility in defining the frequency and timing of your reports. See Create Email Scout Report.
10th September 2018
LDAP authentication now can use local credentials - When using LDAP authentication, if the LDAP server cannot be reached, or an error (other than authentication failing) occurs, the provided username/password will be checked against the local control panel credentials as well.
- View delivery queue earliest delivery attempt time - You can now see the earliest time that an automatic delivery attempt will be made for messages in the Incoming Delivery Queue. To do this, add the Earliest next delivery attempt column in the log search page. This calculation impacts performance, so you need to click the button in the rows that you are interested in to see the corresponding value. See View Earliest Time an Automatic Delivery Attempt Will be Made.
This is only the earliest possible time. The actual delivery attempt may be later, depending on factors like server load for example.
3rd September 2018
- The following pages are moving out of Features Preview into General Release bringing improved user-friendly navigation and new functionality:
- Incoming / Outgoing Log Search - Improved filtering and more tasks available on log search results. See Incoming Log Search and Outgoing Log Search.
- Spam Quarantine - Opens the new Incoming Log Search page filtered to show all messages with the 'Quarantined status' selected. See Spam Quarantine.
- Incoming Delivery Queue - Opens the new Incoming Log Search page filtered to show all messages with the 'Queued' and 'Delivery failed' status. Use this page to view messages queued when the delivery attempt to the destination server returns a temporary failure. See View Incoming Delivery Queue.
- Email Scout Reports - A new page and a new direct link from the Navigation Panel and Dashboard - See View/Edit Email Scout Reports.
- Delivery Details - Troubleshoot message delivery problems. See Delivery Details.
- Customise Actions - Customize actions for specific types of message. For example, for messages that are failing the SPF check, you can add rules to ensure that these messages are rejected immediately instead of being placed in the quarantine. See Customize Actions.
- A new Log search feature allows you to train messages as spam - This is only available if the Archiving product is enabled. See Incoming Log Search and Outgoing Log Search.
27th August 2018
- Domain Aliases page out of Preview mode - The new Domain Aliases page is now available to all users and boasts improved searching functionality. See Manage Domain Aliases.
13th August 2018
- The Log Search (Preview) now allows you to generate a search index for archived messages - At Domain level you can now search message content of archived messages and attachments. This function is similar to the Create index feature on the old Archive Status page. See Regenerate Index.
6th August 2018
- Internally generated messages now visible in the log and archive searches - Previously, messages that were generated internally, such as Email Scout Reports, were not visible in either the log search or the archive search (if relevant). The handling of these messages has been adjusted to make them visible from both searches.
23rd July 2018
- Email Scout Report 100 result limit - Email Scout Reports are now limited to 1000 results to avoid sending excessively large emails.
- The Outgoing Log Search (Preview) now includes 'Blacklist sender' as an action. You can now choose to blacklist a sender from the outgoing log search results listed after running a search.
16th July 2018
- Region choice for newly added domains - When adding a domain to Mail Assure, you now have the option to restrict processing of the domain's messages to the data centers for a specific geographic region. See Add a Domain.
9th July 2018
- Destinations page replaces old Edit Route(s) page - The Destinations page is now out of Features Preview mode and replaces the old Edit Route(s) page - In this page you can add and manage your destination mail server(s) and check if there are any network issues. See Manage Destinations.
- Region-specific MX Records for the UK - The inclusion of the UK to our list of region-specific MX records, alongside US and EU. These region-specific MX records are used where there is a requirement to route data through a specific geographic territory. See MX Records, What is my SMTP Hostname? and Set up Your SMTP Hostname.
2nd July 2018
- Email Scout Report Templates (Preview) - You can now add and edit your own custom ESR templates. See Email Scout Report Templates (Preview).
25th June 2018
- New Email Scout Reports link in Navigation panel and Dashboard - With Features Preview enabled, a direct link to the Email Scout Reports is now available from the Navigation panel and Dashboard.
- New option to manually configure the 'catch-all' status of a domain - A domain's catch-all status (whether it is configured to accept mail from unknown mailboxes) is automatically detected by the system. This new option allows you to manually configure this status if, for example, the status has changed or has been wrongly detected. See Mailboxes Overview.
4th June 2018
- Improved Email Scout Reports UI - The Email Scout Reports page has been improved to be consistent with other new pages. When you click on a report, it opens in the Log Search page with the correct filters applied and the Show results button activated to display all matching results.
- Improved automatic Email Scout Report unsubscribing - Unsubscribing from an Email Scout Report now only unsubscribes from that report and not from all automatic ESRs.
- An improved Destinations page replaces the Edit Routes page with Features Preview enabled. See Manage Destinations.
21st May 2018
- Edit Multiple Mailboxes Simultaneously - You can now manage the mailbox settings for more than one mailbox simultaneously. See Edit one or multiple mailboxes.
14th May 2018
- Last login now displayed when using the Retrieve log-in link feature - The Last login field is now updated when logging in via the Retrieve Log-in Link.
- The Email Scout Report message action page now uses domain's timezone - The message's date and time is now displayed in the domain's timezone in the Message actions page of the Email Scout Report. See Log Search Report - Email content.
- New 'View all delivery attempts' action available in the Log Search (Preview) page - Allows you to view all delivery attempts for a specific message.
30th April 2018
- Mailboxes Overview out of 'Preview' mode - This page allows you to enable/disable default filtering for mailboxes, and to overrule the default setting per mailbox, if required. This feature is now available from the Admin and Domain Level Control Panels to all users and not just those with Features Preview enabled. See Mailboxes Overview.
- LDAP authentication custom BindDN formatter - When allowing email users to authenticate via LDAP, the BindDN can now be customized to allow for Active Directory setups using a different domain for the user logic.
16th April 2018
- Manual LDAP Sync and Preview Page now available - A new preview page allows you to preview LDAP sync changes (e.g. mailbox/aliases added, removed and updated) and perform a manual LDAP sync. See LDAP Sync Preview.
9th April 2018
- The LDAP Mailbox sync is now available to all users and not just those with Feature Preview enabled. See Configuring LDAP Mailbox Sync.
- Updated Archive Usage page for users with Feature Preview enabled. This new page allows you to search your domains for archive usage information.
- The Lock Notification Templates feature is now available to all users. This feature allows you to manage and customize the email notification that is sent when outgoing users / identities are automatically locked. See Manage Lock Templates.
26th March 2018
- Daily Email Scout Reports cannot be auto-enabled for domains with catch-all on their destination server. This is to avoid generating reports for invalid email addresses. See Domain Settings for more information.
- New Delivery Details page - If you have Features Preview enabled, you can see this new page in the Incoming and Outgoing sections. Each attempt the filter makes to deliver a message, a log entry is created with details about the delivery attempt. This allows you to diagnose message delivery problems.
12th March 2018
New 'Filter by default' option in the 'Mailbox overview (preview)' page - If the Features preview option is enabled in your user profile, you have access to the new Mailbox overview (preview) page at the domain level. By default, any detected mailbox is filtered. You can now choose to prevent this by disabling the Filter by default option.
If the Filter by default box is unchecked, all mailboxes set to the default will not be secured unless filtering is explicitly enabled.
5th March 2018
- Global Journal Address - This is a custom address available for each domain which you must add if you want to set up Journaling without using our Filtering system. You can set this up in the Archive > Status page at the Admin level.
- Auto-enable Daily Email Scout Reports - This option automatically enables Email Scout Reports for all recipients in a domain. You can choose to have the reports delivered to recipients up to three times a day. You can do this from the Domain level in the Incoming > Domain Settings page.
26th February 2018
New Mailbox Overview page - With Features Preview enabled, you can see the new Mailbox Overview pages. These pages replace the existing Local Recipients page with the Mailbox tab, and the existing Email Address Aliases page with the Mailbox Aliases tab.
In the Configuration tab, you can choose automatic discovery or manual management of mailboxes or automatic synchronization with LDAP. You can also specify a maximum number of mailboxes for the domain. This tab is only available at Domain level to Admin and Domain users.
You can also add, import and export mailboxes and mailbox aliases at the Admin Level and the Domain Level.
19th February 2018
- The archive expiry maximum has increased from 1000 to 10000 days - see Manage Archive Settings
- Archived recipients configuration now only applies to messages archived by the incoming filter, not the outgoing filter - see Restrict Archiving to Specific Mailboxes
- LDAP mailbox sync - Now in Feature's preview mode.
12th February 2018
Synchronize local recipient list and email aliases via LDAP - Instead of using the incoming filter's automatic detection of destination mailboxes (local recipients) or manually managing the destination mailboxes, this feature allows you to synchronize your mailbox list (local recipients) with the mailboxes and aliases configured on your LDAP server.
Enable this in the new LDAP Mailbox Sync feature at the domain level.
In order for this to work, you must ensure that Use Local Recipients is enabled in Incoming > Local recipients.
5th February 2018
New Admin tab added to Sender/Recipient Whitelist and Blacklist. Anything applied on this tab applies to all domains underneath this Admin account. See .
29th January 2018
Reset Branding to Defaults - A new Reset button allows you to reset any branding changes you have made back to the original defaults. See Branding Management.
Combining domain and email aliases - It’s now possible to use both an email and a domain alias in the same address. For example, if the domain example.org is an alias for the primary domain example.com, and example.com has an email alias example_alias@ for the primary mailbox example@, then:
- email@example.com is an alias for firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com is an alias for firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com is an alias for firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved Domain Alias Page - The Domain Aliases page now allows you to set up filters in the Query Rules panel to allow searching for aliases easier. See Manage Domain Aliases.
- Outgoing Sender Blacklist - You can now manage the Sender blacklist for outgoing mail from the Admin and Domain Level Control Panels. See Manage Outgoing Sender Blacklist.
- Automatic Creation and Management of HTTPS Certificates - A new HTTPS SSL certificate section added to the Branding page has the new option 'Generate and manage a TLS certificate for me via Let's Encrypt'. Choosing this option means that you will not need to go through the lengthy manual set up process which involves generating a CSR, requesting a certificate (and any intermediate certificates) from a Certificate Authority (CA) and uploading to the system. The system will do this automatically for you including renewing certificates when they expire. See Branding Management - System Generation and Management of TLS Certificate.
- Temporary Log Search - The new Temporary Log Search feature allows you to view logs for outgoing mail which has not completed processing but may already have been delivered. These files do not show up in the standard Log Search because this would slow down the search significantly. Access this from the Admin or Domain Level Control Panels from Outgoing > Temporary log (preview). See Log Search.
This is currently only available in Preview mode and can only be accessed by Admin users with 'Features preview' enabled in the User's profile page.
Location and Language added as Match Types for Custom Filtering Rules - You can now create Custom Filtering Rules based on specific languages and locations. This allows you to block / allow messages by sender location and by the language of the content. You can use these in the Simple and Advanced versions of the pages. See:
- Incoming Whitelist Filtering Rules
- Incoming Blacklist Filtering Rules
- Outgoing Blacklist Filtering Rules
Here are this week's new features:
- New Sender/Recipient Whitelist/Blacklist pages - The new sender and recipient whitelist and blacklist pages have moved out of 'preview' this week. The new pages offer more flexibility when searching for addresses that are whitelisted or blacklisted, load faster, and are more consistent with the rest of the new pages in the control panel. See .
- Customizable Dashboard - Users at Admin and Domain level are now able to customize the links that appear in the dashboard. You can move groups of links around, add or remove links from a group (including links to external pages e.g. your knowledge base or your own support system), and add or remove groups. The customizations that you make are saved for you personally, and do not impact any other users. See Customize Dashboard.
- Improved Quarantine Link - Users who have ‘Features preview’ enabled have a new quarantine page (both incoming and outgoing). Rather than a completely separate system, the quarantine link takes you to a customized Log Search page, with all filters and columns selected for viewing the quarantine. Users already familiar with the Log search will find this much easier to use. The new quarantine page is also much more customizable than the old, and more compact when viewing results. All the actions available in the old quarantine pages are also available via the preview Quarantine Log Search pages.
Here are this week's new features:
- Custom Filtering Rules out of Preview and on general release - New custom Whitelist/Blacklist Filtering Rules allow you to allow or block domain-specific incoming or outgoing mail. See last week's release details below for more information.
- Unsubscribe action now available in Email Scout reports - Report recipients can choose to unsubscribe from Email Scout Reports.
Here are the new features in this latest version of Mail Assure:
- New Whitelist/Blacklist Filtering Rules for Incoming/Outgoing Mail - Set up custom rules to allow or block domain-specific incoming or outgoing mail (this is currently in Preview mode and can only be accessed by Admin users with 'Features preview' enabled in the User's profile page):
- Incoming Whitelist Filtering Rules
- Incoming Blacklist Filtering Rules
- Outgoing Blacklist Filtering Rules
You can also choose to use the 'advanced' Add Rule dialog (instead of the default 'simple' dialog), by activating/inactivating the advanced dialog in the Admin or Domain User Profile pages: