This is an automated service where we will periodically restore data to a secure hosted facility located in the same geographical region as where the backup data is stored.
Choose to run Recovery Testing restore every 14 or 30 days and with each restore, a virtual machine is automatically created. Once the Virtual Machine has been created, we will boot it and create a screenshot to check that the Virtual Machine is bootable, then send this screenshot to the Backup Management Console so that users can check it.
The virtual machines that are created as part of Recovery Testing are purged once the restore is completed and the screenshot taken.
The following requirements must be met:
- The device must be running on Windows Server Operating Systems only:
- Windows Server 2008 / R2
- Windows Server 2012 / R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- You must back up:
- The full System State of the device
- The whole system disk
– C:\or another disk that has your operating system and that the OS boots from (the Files and Folders data source)
- Be logged in to the console as a Backup Manager SuperUser
- You must be within the geographic regions of:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- You are required to enter the devices encryption key, however, in cases where the device has been installed using Automatic Deployment you will be required to provide the passphrase instead.
- A dedicated Recovery Testing Dashboard can be found in the Backup Management Console for better monitoring services
- Only devices with Backup Manager version 17.4 and above are supported for Recovery Testing
- Software-only devices are not compatible with Recovery Testing
- Recovery Testing cannot be used on the RMM integrated version of Backup (Managed Online Backup)
- There is a size restriction of <= 1 TB selected size per device
- Recovery Testing restores only System State and Files and Folders
Recovery Testing is not available for devices with disabled ‘Virtual disaster recovery’ feature in the assigned product