MySQL backup requirements
Backup Manager offers backup and recovery service for MySQL databases on all the supported operating systems.
Backup Manager handles MySQL versions 5.0.22, 5.1, 5.5 and 5.6 on Windows, Mac and Linux. On Linux, you require glibc 2.5 or higher.
You can add multiple MySQL instances to your backup selection (if they are installed on the same machine).
- Backup Manager must be installed on the MySQL server that you want to back up.
- The MySQL server must be started as a service at the time a backup session starts.
- Full permissions (with all privileges) are required to a MySQL database to backup the MySQL datasource.
- On Linux, glibc 2.5 or higher is required.
MySQL ports will not matter during backup, backup manager uses its own software to communicate through MySQL.
Types of backups
Backup Documents has 2 types of MySQL backups. They are version-dependent.
- Cold backups (the MySQL server is stopped for some 30-60 seconds before a backup session starts; it is necessary that no third-party applications should be keeping the database forcibly open at that time).
- Hot backups (the MySQL server keeps functioning while a backup session is running).
|MySQL 5.0||Hot backups||Hot backups||Hot backups|
|MySQL 5.5||Cold backups|