Hyper-V backup options
You can select all virtual machines detected on the current computer or only some of them. For each virtual machine, you can select just one of its disks (.vhd or .vhdx). We recommend to select the whole virtual machine though.
Hyper-V machines are backed up together with their snapshots. This lets you return a machine to a previous state after recovery.
Hyper-V cluster backup
You can back up clustered Hyper-V virtual machines that reside on Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV). We support clusters deployed on the following operating systems: Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Limitations (known issues):
- The backup includes only locally hosted Hyper-V machines.
- It is not possible to back up a CSV and non-CSV volume in the same set on Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2. This is a Windows limitation (learn more).
- A backup job may fail if the backup selection contains a Hyper-V cluster deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2 or an earlier version.
Please configure backup settings for Hyper-V clusters in the following way:
- Expand the selection tree for the Hyper-V data source.
- Mark the virtual machines with checkboxes. Make sure you do not select the host component.
The backup of a Hyper-V cluster will fail if the root folder is selected.