Enabling recovery in Recovery Console
To enable data recovery for a backup device, add it to the Recovery Console and specify settings for it.
Keep in mind a few points before you get started:
- Devices are added one at a time.
- The number of devices you can add is unlimited, but take into account the available resource on the system running the Recovery Console.
- The devices you add must not be installed in Backup Manager on the current computer (this would result in a conflict).
- You can add only those devices that you have access to (full access details are required).
Here are steps to follow.
- Click Add. Enter access details for the device (device name, password and security code/encryption key).
- Select the data sources that you want to enable recovery for (you will be able to edit the list later if needed). The list may contain up to 7 data sources (the selection depends on the product settings).
- Configure settings for the first data source. Click Next to proceed to the next one or click OK to finish and apply the settings (if all the selected data sources have been configured).
- If all the settings have been configured, you will get a message offering you to start data recovery. Click Yes to enable the continuous recovery mode or click No if you do not want to start the recovery right now.
We do not recommend specifying a Network Share as the storage location when initializing a device on Recovery Console even temporarily as it can be unreliable.
After that you will find the device on the "Devices" pane. Use the Active checkbox next to its name to enable and disable continuous data recovery for it.
The Recovery Console must be open or minimized to keep functioning. If you have active devices, do not shut down the Recovery Console application and do not power off the computer.