Configure an account to use two-step verification
Two-step verification adds an extra level of security provides an extra level of protection against hackers attempting to gain access to a computer or network. With a second verification requirement, even if someone steals a password, they cannot get passed the second verification step. Users need to download Google Authenticator to their mobile device.
Two-Step verification uses a passcode generated by an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator, in addition to the usual account sign-in. Both authenticator applications are RFC-6238 compliant.
SolarWinds N-central supports RFC-6238 for Two-Step Verification. Google Authenticator was used in testing this feature.
Configure a user account must be configured to use two-step verification two factor authentication method.
- Click Administration > User Management > Users.
- Click the Name of the user account.
- Click the User Details tab, then User Information.
- In the Access area, click the check box for Use Two-Factor Authentication.
- Click Two-Step Verification.
- Configure the session time out duration.
- Click Save.
The user is now configured with two-step verification authentication. When the user logs in they will be prompted for the appropriate credentials.