role-based permissions role based permissions roles role permissions access access group user management user users
Role-based permissions user management in SolarWinds N-central is a method of controlling access to customers and devices based on the roles of the user. The access is the permission the user has to perform work. Roles define the job based on the requirements of the position. With role-based permissions, you configure a number of components that together create a definition of who does what work for who, and how.
There are three main components that, when configured together, create the work structure for users:
- Role - a collection of permissions
- Access Group - a collection of customers or a collection of devices.
- User - a person who monitors, manages, and supports their customer environments with SolarWinds N-central.
A user is assigned a role, which includes the permissions to what they can do. They are also assigned to an access group, of customers or devices, where they can perform their role.
What do you want to do?
- Create a role
- Learn about permissions
- Create an access group
- Create a user
- Read about default and upgrading users
- Assign a user to an access group
- Assign a user to a role