Permissions example: Allow a technician read-only access
This example describes how to set the user permissions in SolarWinds N-central so that a technician read-only access to customers' devices. This set of permissions enables the technician to monitor the devices and identify any anomalies or issues that may arise.
The permissions in this topic are to only allow specific functions for the user. You can add additional permissions as needed to create a more robust role.
The permissions to set
To enable read only access to devices:
- In the Devices section, in the Devices title bar, in the drop-down menu, click Read Only. This automatically sets all options in this section that have a read-only capability to that setting.
Setting up this type of permissions involves:
- Creating an access group to include the customers the technician can monitor.
- Set the read-only permissions in a role.
- Create a user that is connected to the access group and role created.
Create an access group
An access group is a collection of customers or a collection of devices. The access group defines what customers and devices the technician will see.
- Click Administration > User Management > Access Groups.
- Click Add > By Customers.
- Enter a name and description for the group.
- Select customers from the list.
- Click Save.
Set the permissions in a role
A role is a collection of permissions. For this role, you want the technician to be able to see all customer devices.
- Click Administration > User Management > Roles.
- Click Create Role.
- Enter a name and description, and select the permissions needed for the role.
- Scroll down to the Devices section.
- In the Devices title bar, in the drop-down menu, click Read Only. This automatically sets all options in this section that have a read-only capability to that setting.
- Click Save.
Create and apply to a user
With the access group and permissions defined, you need to either create a new user, or apply these settings to the user.
- Click Administration > User Management > Users.
- Click Create User to add a new user, or click the Login Name of an existing user.
- On the Roles tab, click Assign Roles.
- Click the check box for the new role and click Assign.
- Click the Access Groups tab and click Assign Access Groups.
- Click the check box for the new access group and click Assign.
- Click Save.
When the technician logs into SolarWinds N-central, the navigation pane displays the All Devices, Job Status and Active Issues views, which they can click on to review the states of various devices. The Dashboards view is also available.
As other customers come online for monitoring, you only need to update the access group to include the new customers or sites.