Role-based permissions user management in SolarWinds N-central is a method of controlling access to customers and devices based on the roles of the user. The access is the permission the user has to perform work.
The examples listed here provide quick overviews of what permissions to enable to make certain features and functions available. If you are familiar with setting permissions within roles, a section at the beginning of the topic outlines the permissions you need to enable. If you are new to permissions and setting them up, the remainder of the topic walks through each step needed to set up a user, access group and roles.
Note that these are permissions settings to achieve the basics for the task. Use these as a building block, or combine different ones, to create more robust roles for your customers, users and technicians.
- Allow a customer to access their devices
- View only device properties and details
- View only Dashboards for monitoring
- Remote Control only to specific devices
- Allow a technician read-only access to devices
- Enable a user to access administrative tools
- Enable a user to view system logs for support
- Approve patches automatically with rules
- Delay patch auto approvals