About LDAP servers
LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) is a TCP-based protocol for querying and modifying directory services. LDAP is the protocol on which many domain management tools are based. You can configure both Microsoft Active Directory and Novell NDS LDAP servers.
There are two benefits to integrating SolarWinds N-central with LDAP servers:
- Active Directory/LDAP users can sign in to SolarWinds N-central using their domain credentials (for example, "ABC\jsmith" instead of "email@example.com"). The format of the credentials used by Active Directory/LDAP users to sign in to SolarWinds N-central must be in the form of DOMAIN\username. For example, ABC\jsmith. No other format will be accepted.
- Users with disabled Active Directory/LDAP accounts cannot log in to SolarWinds N-central.
For large user directories, enable the Virtual List View on your LDAP server to ensure SolarWinds N-central loads the entire user list .
What do you want to do?
- Configure a Microsoft LDAP server
- Configure an LDAP Server
- Create user accounts for Active Directory users
- Remove an Active Directory server