Configure an LDAP server
Configure SolarWinds N-central to communicate with multiple LDAP servers at the Service Organization and Customer level so customers can sign in to SolarWinds N-central.
- Click Administration > User Management > SSO Providers.
- Click Add > LDAP.
- Enter a descriptive Name.
- Enter the name of the Domain in which the server is located.
- In the Server 1 Host field, type the IP address or FQDN of the LDAP server.
- In the Server 2 Host field, type the IP address or FQDN of the fallback server if one is configured.
- Select which server is the Primary Server.
- The Port should be left at the default 389. If the LDAP server is over SSL, enter 636.
- To connect to the LDAP server using a secure sockets layer, select SSL Enabled.
- In the Base DN field, enter the Distinguished Name of the OU or CN where the Active Directory users exist.
- In the Search Filter field, enter the search criteria.
- To connect to the LDAP server anonymously, select Anonymous Bind.
- If you did not select to connect anonymously, enter the name of the Domain Administrator Account that SolarWinds N-central uses to sign in to the Active Directory server in the format
domain\usernameand enter the Password.
- Click Test Connection to confirm that SolarWinds N-central can successfully communicate with the Active Directory server
- Click Save.
By default, Active Directory servers do not allow anonymous access. Only select this option if you have enabled Anonymous access on your Active Directory server.
The LDAP server configuration appears in the list of LDAP servers and SolarWinds N-central establishes a connection to the server. You can now create user accounts for Active Directory users.
For large user directories, enable the Virtual List View on your LDAP server to ensure SolarWinds N-central loads the entire user list .