Services include a time in minutes that, when it receives no response, the service changes to a Stale Data state. You may want to increase or decrease that time, depending on the environment or situations around your customers' devices. For example, for backup, you may want to receive notifications of backup after a longer time than the default one day (1440 minutes), because a workstation may only be offline. Changing it to five days (79,200 minutes).
Change the default time-to-stale values in the SolarWinds N-central Administration Console.
- In the web browser, enter your SolarWinds N-central URL in the Address field of your Web browser followed by /admin. For example,
- Log in with your administrative credentials.
- In the Services area, click Time-to-Stale and Default Scan Intervals.
- Locate the service in the list.
- In the Time-To-Stale column, enter the new value in minutes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click OK.