Discovering Backup Exec Jobs
Before adding the Backup Exec service to a device, you need to perform a discovery. This will configure the Backup Exec database to permit the SolarWinds N-central Windows agent and Windows probe to gather data about the Backup Exec jobs from it.
- Click Views > All Devices and click the Name of the device that is running Backup Exec.
- On the Properties tab, select Monitor Backups in the Monitoring Options section.
- Select Backup Exec.
- Click Advanced Configuration to display all of the Backup Exec properties.
- In the Backup Exec section, specify the Database Name. The User Name and Password fields are pre-configured by default.
- Click Save.
- Click Discover to tell the agent or probe to discover the backup jobs on the device.