Use scheduled tasks to restart a service on a weekly basis to refresh the service data.
Scheduled tasks are available at the SO and Customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Automation Policy.
- Enter the Task Name.
- For Credentials, select Local System Credentials.
- From the Repository Item drop-down menu, select Restart a Windows Service.
- In the Service to Restart field, enter the Windows service name. Ensure it is the exact service name.
- Click the Targets tab and select the Devices to have services restarted.
- Click the Schedule tab.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Recurring.
- From the Interval drop-down menu, select Custom and define the weekly time frame.
- Click the Notification tab to configure an email notification of the restart success or failure.
- Click Save.
SolarWinds N-central saves the scheduled task to the repository. SolarWinds N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, SolarWinds N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.