Security Manager scan tasks enable you to perform security scans on selected devices. A quick scan is a high-level security scan that examines commonly infected file types but ignores exclusions. Quick scans will not take any actions when security threats are detected. If malware is found during a quick scan, you need to run a full scan task to remove detected malware.
A quick scan uses the local AV client and Web Service components to detect malware running in the system. The local client scans the device for malware, and the Web Service communicates externally to servers that handle most of the data processing. This means that the device does not have to process and store massive amounts of virus information.
This type of scan is configured to scan only critical Windows and Linux system locations. Running a quick scan usually takes less than a minute and uses a fraction of the system resources needed by a regular virus scan.
This procedure can only be performed at the Service Organization level or Customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete
- Click Add > Security Manager Scan > AV Defender Quick Scan.
- Enter a descriptive Task Name to identify the task.
- Click the Targets tab and selected the devices targeted for the policy task by selecting specific devices or using a filter.
- Click the Schedule task and set a time when SolarWinds N-central runs the task.
Recurring tasks will not have the option to configure an Execution Window. If a device is offline at a scheduled date and time, recurring tasks will be run at the next scheduled date and time in their schedule.
- Click the Notifications tab and configure SolarWinds N-central to send a notification upon the successful completion of the task, or if the task fails to complete.
- Click Save.
The scheduled task is saved to the repository. SolarWinds N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, SolarWinds N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.
If you choose to edit the task, the edits may not be applied to the task if it has been initiated. Edits are applied to completed tasks only if they are recurring tasks.