Security Manager Scan tasks allow you to perform security scans on selected devices. A custom scan is a scan of the target device using AV Defender that you configure. Custom scans incorporate exclusions and depending on your settings, can also take action when security threats are detected.
Archive files containing infected files are not an immediate threat to the security of a computer. Malware can affect the target computer only if the infected file is extracted from the archive and then run without any security protection enabled.
If you selected Scan inside archives, select the maximum accepted size limit (in MB) of archives to be scanned on-access from the Archive size limit field. You can also select the number of archive levels to be scanned from the Archive depth maximum field.
Scanning inside archives is a slow and resource-intensive process which is therefore not recommended for real-time protection.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete
- Click Add > Security Manager Scan > AV Defender Custom Scan.
- Enter a descriptive Task Namefor the task.
- On the Details tab, configure the details that AV Defender uses to perform the scan of a device.
- Click the Targets tab and selected the devices targeted for the policy task by selecting specific devices or using a filter.
- Click the Schedule tab and set a time when SolarWinds N-central runs the task.
- In the Missed Executions options configure how far in the future SolarWinds N-central should take action on a device that is currently offline, and how long it should wait, once the device powers on, before running the scheduled task.
- On a recurring task, you can also set the task not to run the scheduled task if the next occurrence of the task will be launched near the time of the recurring schedule, to avoid conflicting task windows.
The scheduled task is saved to the repository. SolarWinds N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, SolarWinds N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.
If you choose to edit the task, the edits may not be applied to the task if it has been initiated. Edits are applied to completed tasks only if they are recurring tasks.