Lock Remote Control settings
Lock remote control settings to prevent changes in the way you or technicians connect remotely to a device.
Locking a remote control setting is hierarchical. Setting a lock by a higher-level account, a lower-level account cannot unlock the setting. For example, a Default Administrator can unlock a setting that was locked by a Customer Admin, but not the other way around.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Click the name of the device you want to disable.
- Click Remove Control Settings.
- Located the setting(s) you want locked in each sub-tab and click the open lock icon.
- The icon changed to a closed lock, indicating the setting cannot be changed.
- Click Save.
Any user with privileges below the administrator making the changes cannot modify or unlock the setting.