Step Two: Installing the N-central Server Upgrade
You can upgrade to SolarWinds N-central 12.1 by installing the upgrade file that has been downloaded to your SolarWinds N-central server.
Do not reboot the SolarWinds N-central server during the upgrade process even if it appears unresponsive.
Usually the average SolarWinds N-central server upgrade takes approximately 30 minutes but the upgrade process can take several hours depending on the size of your database. If five hours have passed after the upgrade and you have not received a notification, contact SolarWinds MSP for assistance.
If you are unsure of the status of the upgrade, please call SolarWinds MSP Technical Support, and they will be able to advise you of the current upgrade status.
To install the downloaded SolarWinds N-central 12.1 upgrade
- On the Administrator Console menu bar, select Setup.
- Under the Central Server heading in the Setup screen, click Version Management.
- In the Version Management screen, perform one of the following:
Automatic upgrade Manual upgrade
- Select Install upgrade from local repository.
- Select the upgrade File.
- Select Install upgrade remotely.
- Specify the Location of the system upgrade file or click Browse to navigate to the file.
- DOWNLOAD AS AN NSP FROM THE NRC. see screenshots
- Type an e-mail address in the Notify this email address when complete field.
- Click Install.
- In the confirmation screen, click Yes. The server will restart. After the installation is completed, the version and upgrade information will be updated.