Supported Platforms and Browsers
SolarWinds N-central supports the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer®
- Mozilla Firefox®
- Desktop versions Google Chrome®. Mobile phone browsers are not supported.
- Chrome 42.x does not support NPAPI plugins (including Java and Direct Connect). When you attempt to launch a remote control connection in Chrome 42.x, you will be repeatedly prompted to install either Java or the NTRglobal plugin without success.
- In the Chrome address bar, type
- Under Enable NPAPI, click Enable.
- Restart Chrome.
Agents and Probes
Windows Agents require:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (or later)
|.NET Framework on device||Probe||Agent|
only Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.x
both Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.x
For Windows 2003 devices, installing .NET Framework 4.0.x requires the Windows Imaging Component (for more information, refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww.aspx).
Supported Mobile Device Operating Systems
SolarWinds N-central's Mobile Device Management supports the following:
- iOS 6.1.x and later
- Android 2.2.x and later
For more information, see Mobile Device Management.
Remote control connections require the following software on the computers that initiate remote control connections:
- Java 6 Update 20 or greater
If using Report Manager, you must upgrade to Report Manager 4.3 SP2 or later after upgrading to SolarWinds N-central 12.1.
When monitoring the SolarWinds N-central server using SNMP, the community string to be used for SNMP queries to the server must use the required string value:
The default SNMP community string (
public) is no longer valid for SNMP queries to the SolarWinds N-central server.