Patch patch manager patch management windows patch patching patch maintenance
The Patch Management module in SolarWinds N-central provides the capability to effectively manage the downloading and installation of Microsoft and third party software patches across your customers' networks.
SolarWinds N-central Patch Management uses rules, caching, multiple maintenance windows and automated approval methods to enable you to automate the patching of devices under your management.
Patch management is available with Professional licenses.
For the full story, see What is Patch Management?
What do you want to do?
- Review the Patch Management Checklist
- Review the OS Version and Windows Update Agent requirements
- Perform a Pre-deployment Self Audit
- Configure a Patch Cache
- Create a patch rule with the Patch Setup Wizard
- Create a Patch Profile
- Enable patch management on devices
- Configure patch auto approvals and declines
- Deny patches for a specific software on a single device
- Set a delay on a patch auto approval rule
- View the list of patch rules
- Change the order of the automatic approvals rules
- Run a patch on demand
- Learn about Patch Manager and superseded patches
- Delete a patch on demand task
- Remove an installed patch
- Install a patch immediately
- Add a patch install maintenance window
- View patch reports
- Review patches installed on a device
- Monitor patches using the Patch Status Service V2
- Disable patch management on a single customer